Skip to main content

36 CHRISTIAN WAYS TO REDUCE STRESS

It's not me to go all religious and righteous but I am for being a nice person. My father (surprise surprse!) who is the most unsuspecting religious person sent me this email and I was like....wah? But everything contained inside are true. I mean, I've heard it said a thousand times over before but still....we need a little reminding once in a while. So, here I am....reminding you. *** An Angel says, "Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happens tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice."
  1. Pray
  2. Go to bed on time
  3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed
  4. Say 'No' to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health
  5. Delegate tasks to capable others
  6. Simplify and unclutter your life
  7. Less is more (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many)
  8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places
  9. Pace yourself. Spread our big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump all the hard things all together.
  10. Take one day at a time.
  11. separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.
  12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases
  13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
  14. KMS (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
  15. Do something for the KID in you everyday
  16. Carry a bible with you to read while waiting in line
  17. Get enough rest
  18. Eat right
  19. Get organized so everything has its place.
  20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life
  21. Write down thoughts and inspirations
  22. Everyday, find time to be alone.
  23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try and pray
  24. Make friend with Godly people
  25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand
  26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good 'Thank you, Jesus'
  27. Laugh
  28. Laugh some more!
  29. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.
  30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing their best they can).
  31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most.
  32. Sit on your ego
  33. Talk less. Listen More.
  34. Slow down
  35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe
  36. Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before. GOD HAS A WAY OF TURNING THINGS AROUND FOR YOU. "If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)

Comments

Anonymous said…
AMEN!!

Wah, your dad sent you this email? Bless him.

I think even if we endeavour to accomplish half of the list each day, it is really good.
Anonymous said…
yup, my dad sent this to me. it was very unusual of him since he's as UNreligious as they come. :-) But I guess the advice in it is true. HALF? WHERE CAN? with modern lifestyle, it's hard leh...but must always try lor. that's something I must try to do.
Jamie said…
cuz...to be able to KMS is good enough for me liao...hehehehe

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe