Skip to main content

Why we faint?

I am going to post something really simple today and it’s about something I read about…dunno where but copied and pasted into a Microsoft Word document for future reference. Fainting. Do you know why people faint? Why the body reacts in such a way? What does fainting prevent? No leh…..me either. That’s why I found it so interesting lor. I have seen one friend in school faint before, other than that, thank goodness nobody has ever fainted in front of me. I wouldn’t know what to do but maybe give the fella (hopefully a handsome looking bloke) the kiss of life. Actually, fainting is an invaluable response from our body which is designed to protect us. Like when you touch something hot, you instantly (without thinking) pull away, rite? Well, fainting is something like that. Before you faint, there is a significant drop in your blood pressure, so, your brain suddenly got no ‘food’ because it’s right at the top. Does not apply if you like to walk on your hands. Your brain consistently needs ‘food’ therefore, when there is a drop, the body tells the brain ‘EMERGENCY! MAY DAY MAY DAY MAY DAY!’, so the brain kicks in a sophisticated automatic response by bringing the brain DOWN to the floor so that it can receive ‘food’ again. The main control center of your brain shuts down other parts of the brain (conscious parts) so that the heart doesn’t have to pump so hard to bring the oxygen to the brain. Interesting leh?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes..Doctor Maung! :-)

Killer guy
Jamie said…
cuz, the only time I feel faint is when I see kaukau pretty and sexy girls. Like what you said....my blood emptied itself from my brain and rushed to a lower part of my body causing it to swell tremendously....kekekekekkee
Anonymous said…
How to keep your brains fed all the time so you don't faint?

My daughter faints when she stands too long and feels hot. She also faints after an injection.

My sister has the same fainting spells for no apparent reason and once she fainted while walking and fell into the longkang! She was only 8 then.

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe