Skip to main content

Beijing Masseur Experience

Lately got a bit of stress about working and taking care of the kids during the holidays, so, I thought I would reward myself with some pampering therapy. There's this reflexology and massage and beauty center near my place so decided to check it out. The place is very nice wan and decor was emaculate. Because the place is new, everything smells like brand new leather. Soft music....mmm.....soft lighting...mmmm..... But then here's the thing. I made an appointment with my regular beauty center Leonard Drake earlier but because of some mix-ups, I lost my appointment. But I really wanted someone to pamper me wor. That's why I ended up there....try lah, something new mah....who knows. Furthermore, they're nearer and maybe cheaper leh? Cheaper, definitely. Nearer, sure thing. Better....NOT. With all this beauty and pampering business ah, skill and training is important. Leonard Drake spends a lot of effort, time and money training their staff, that's why they're called professionals. But this one ah, the staff are from Beijing wan wor. I have nothing against foreign workers, let me make this clear first. In fact, I would love to help them earn money for their families back home by patronizing the establishment that they work for. But first, they must be good lor, rite or not? The owner was over-eager while the woman who gave me the massage was over-POWERFUL. Like I said, you're dealing with other people's body and when people go for massage, they're giving you full permission to close the proximity line...pay you some more, you know! The woman was super energetic and strong that after the massage, several spots on my body ache to the touch. I feel better lah, muscles more relaxed now but these spots are a bit sore, you know. The business should train their Beijing masseurs so that they don't injure other people. These masseurs should listen to people when people say "Pain. Pain!". The Beijing masseurs should also be taught how to speak Cantonese and understand basic English as well lor. Half the time she goes on yakking about this and that and with my face in that hole, I said "Mmmmm". I don't know what she say mah....then suddenly she do something and I jerk my head around and ask "Ni chuo ser mor ah?" "?????" "???????' "???????????" She talk duck, I talk chicken. How I know what she said? Some more hor, Beijing people got heavy accent when they talk, so, it's very hard to understand. Anyway, should I go back to the establishment and tell them about my sore spots. Not complain but to just....you know, let them know or something. I feel bad about doing it. Maybe I should just disappear and let them be. But what if this happens to other people and they get sued. I also don't want that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Marsh...at least your body got the badly needed relief. Your body will thank you for going there to loosen up those super tensed muscles.

I also thinking of going for a massage. But I have a phobia of letting a man touch all over my naked body...rubbing here..rubbing there...squeeze here and there...ewwww!! I will feel so gay and disgusted if a man does that to me.

A woman however, is fine with a female masseur or male masseur...depending on her preferrence. But no way will I let a man touch my body! a man is totally different when it comes to this.

This place you went...do they have female masseurs who can massage me?
HOw much it cost for an hour? Where exactly is it?

killer
Kenny Mah said…
Marsha
Reading this makes me wanna go and get myself a well-deserved massage too! I can probably discern their Beijing accent having had some friends from thereabouts, but after reading your entry, I think I better stick to the "professionals", haha.

killer
Your personal preference, really, but I think the most important part is whether the masseur is good or not. Of course, your discomfort definitely matters too.

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe