Skip to main content

JYP back into the scene after RAIN left

Last time, before he had RAIN (a.k.a Jung Ji Hoon a.k.a Bi), JYP was a well-received, popular singer in Korea. I really admire this guy because he became a star in his own right without relying on anyone. From Korea, he took a flight to the US with the little English he knew, studied the language by speaking to others. He is a very impressive and passionate guy, everyone in Korea knows that. Er....we're talking about a Korean music producer who produced music for the likes of Will Smith, R. Kelly, Lil John, Mase and Cassie. Don't believe me, check http://www.wikipedia.org and check for Park Jin Young and see for yourself. Rain Otherwise, how is it possible for someone to transform normal people into MEGA stars all the time? Everyone he touches turn into stars. RAIN being one and he's still the most popular Korean singer I know. Not counting boy bands. Se7en no fight. Lately, he's been transforming groups of pre-pubescent girls into pop stars as well! One of them being Wondergirls or something like that. They're all really good but we know they're moulded to be that way. The stars under JYP knows that he knows everything about making it big in the Korean entertainment industry. Otherwise, how do you explain him getting 8 minutes 12 seconds of stage time during the Korea Film Awards when other singers get one song....typically 4 minutes to 5 minutes stage time? Terror leh.... But his biggest investment, RAIN, recently decided to leave JYP entertainment. RAIN has been making JYP rich all these years and now, JYP's left with his tiny little groups who are entering the entertainment industry in Korea (and Asia) (and hopefully to him, the world). What does he do? Since JYP is still a MEGA star in Korea, JYP decides to come back into the industry, knowing that everyone's got their microscopes trained on his every move. But JYP knows how to play the game well....he re-enters the entertainment industry in an explosive manner! Sex! Provocative music videos, scandals on the Internet, Gossip in the news....everything. Boy, he really knows how to play the entertainment game well. He's no looker, I have to warn you.....many people see similarities between an ape and JYP but does it matter? He proves to you time and time again that entertainment is more than just about looks. In fact, look at RAIN....he ain't no looker as well (we're not talking about his BODY here) and yet, he's the god of the Korean entertainment industry. JYP's everywhere these days ever since his re-entry into the Korean entertainment industry. Here's a performance. I tell you, he's not handsome and looks somewhat ape-ish but he knows what entertainment is all about. You will see that he is almost talentless, dances awkwardly, sings off-tune and NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING NOTHING N-O-T-H-I-N-G compared to RAIN or all the other MEGA stars he has under his belt. But to give him proper credit (or to give credit to the music makers he have behind him, the last song he sang, KISS, rocks to high heaven! Damn cool song even by International standard.....now, if only JYP is not the singer or dancer. JYP sshi, cungmal, shouldn't you leave the stage for all the little ones you have under your company leh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe