Skip to main content

Bus Mishap First Hand Encounter

Why the hell is my life (hence, blog) so eventful I don't know. As mentioned, I went up north with my siblings for my grandmother's funeral. Well, there's nothing much to be said about the funeral but I'll probably blog about it a little after this. But today, here's what is bothering me. Me, my sister (Karen), my brother (Damien) and brother-in-law (Chris) left Sg. Petani around 2.30pm or so heading back towards KL. After two stops, we reached Tanjung Malim about 5-something-ish. During the funeral, we didn't much sleep so we were all kind of tired and decided to take turns driving. At Tanjung Malim, I took over the wheel. From afar, we started seeing all those flashes of lightning. VERY LONG and HUGE ones, therefore, I braced myself for a storm. True enough, there was a storm, so, I slowed my brother's car down to a crawl. And you know what? The traffic was really at a crawl. I was only meters away from a traffic accident. As we crawled towards the site, I started shaking. The side of the divider was ripped off into shreds and in the middle right smack where the divider should have been was a bus lying on it's left side. I don't have pictures but I can get my brother and sister to share the pictures with you. The bus was lying on the right side of the road and passerbys stopped their vehicles (to look or to help) to the left of the road. I cannot tahan liao....I was getting squeamish!!! I don't want to see a crash site! I muttered softly, "I very scared. I scared lah!". And the traffic was still inching very slowly, giving us pretty good view of the crash site. Chris, who was sitting in the passenger seat said, "You serious? You want me to drive?" I didn't need a second invitation. I pulled the hand-brakes, climbed into the back, covered my ears and eyes and let Chris drive toppling over packets of food and squirting a packet of sugar cane drink into my brother's car seat. Oops! Sorry. But I really don't want to see lor. But here's the thing. In the article here, Two die in express bus accident in The Star (tomorrow), they didn't mention that it was raining bloody cats and dogs! Really cannot see the road in front of you. And I can GUARANTEE YOU that the bloody bus driver was speeding like mad! The bus driver is said to be seriously injured....tai hei sei (serve him right!). It was a thunderstorm lah!! Slow down! The thing is that he injured never mind, he had it coming! But what about the two people who died in the bus mishap? What did they do? They were probably sleeping their way back to KL! And Chris, my brother-in-law, was supposed to take a bus back to KL because his wife decided to stay back in Penang-Sungai Petani for a bit more after the funeral. Who knows....he could have been in THAT bus! Bbbbrrrr.......makes me shiver thinking about it! And we were just less than a minute away from the crash site, therefore, it could have been us behind the bus.....could have been me behind the wheel. Makes me shake just thinking about it. The bus driver was speeding.....I have no doubts about this one! *** UPDATE Bus crash: Driver had 13 outstanding summonses - See? Now they tell you that there was a HEAVY DOWNPOUR. And what did I tell you??? The driver got outstanding summonses for offenses likely to cause an incident like this, right or not? The fucker was bloody speeding lah!!! I guarantee you! Three died (one more died after Friday) and nine critically injured because of one stupid man who dared to drive fast during a downpour! Fuck the fella. He only got broken leg , is it? Break his bloody stupid neck lah. You read and see....he left PENANG around 2.20pm. My sister was driving around 120 - 140kmph (I hope I don't get her in trouble for this) and that was fast. Imagine what kind of speed the bus driver was driving? I really damn beh-tahan this kind of thing, you know....

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's just a tragedy. Makes me fearful of taking a bus back. And my parents ask me why I drive all the time... at least I can trust my own driving skills and if the other drivers are acting foolish, I can keep out of their way.
Marsha Maung said…
in my personal opinion, Malaysians should only either drive or fly to their destinations! taking the bus is ranked as one of the most dangerous modes of transportation in the country! even with the focus on the rising number of traffic accidents involving buses, there are bus drivers who think they are too good to be true!! bastards! kill people for nothing....

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe