Skip to main content

McDonalds screwed up delivery - my complaint experience

I don't normally order through the McDonalds delivery service unless I wake up late or really lazy to cook for the kids. Eh, this Chinese New Year, isn't it? I have to have a holiday myself....from the kitchen too, you know. Anyway, today woke up late because we all went to bed late. By the time I open my eyes, the sun was shining in through the window already, indicating that it's probably noon. Then I look at the clock and it showed 1.25pm! I jumped up! Walau-eh! I can really sleep, man! What the hell....it's one-something already meh? My kids leh? So, I very men-gan-cheong (anxiously) check on them (playing Nintendo DS in the living room) and grabbed the phone to call 1-300-1313-00 for quick delivery. Then faster-faster brush my teeth, change my clothes. My mother call me and told me that she's going to pass me some vitamin supplements, cakes and cookies for the kids and me. I told her to pass to the kids cause I wanna pang-sai (make a mess on the toilet throne) in the toilet. And shower because I smell hung-over (which is true) from last night's chatting and drinking session at my Uncle's place. I quickly call McDonalds delivery and ordered my stuff. Among other stuff, I ordered two sets of Ayam Goreng original (kids cannot eat spicy) and went to shower lor. To cut the long story short, I open the stuff delivered, and started peeling the chicken for the kids. I am so used to just peeling the chicken pieces out for them liao, then after wards easy for the kids to eat mah. I take one bite of the chicken skin (my favorite part of the chicken. Hee hee hee) and discovered that it's spicy wor! Wrong order. Actually, I wasn't really pissed off....for two reasons. One, it's not the first time they deliver wrongly. Two, Jared wasn't complaining about it. But just because it's Chinese New Year, I felt a bit kap-siau (cheeky) and the staff were probably very free with nothing much to do and I really want to test out their customer service people, I call them to voice my complaint. I spoke to the manager and the funny thing is that they were not very apologetic about the mistake. They were more concerned about how many pieces of ayam goreng did I eat already and how many pieces to replace. I have to give them back the pieces of chicken wan, you know! With Dominos, I once made a similar complaint and the people at Dominos pizza were more concerned about how angry I was that they gave me beef pepperoni instead of aloha chicken. And they only wanted to take back a sample (one single piece) of the wrong pizza as proof. I can keep the whole extra pizza. And then they gave me vouchers for the mistake, and then summore they deliver piping hot new Aloha Chicken pizza. Like that only call 'saying sorry' mah, rite or not? Anyway, McDonalds people not very good at saying sorry lor. I got a follow-up call on my cell phone from the manager of the nearest McDonalds who asked me (again) how many pieces of chicken I have eaten. Kanasai! Ya lah ya lah! I eat everything already and want them to give me free ayam goreng lah! Tiu! So concerned about how many pieces of chicken I have eaten that it made the 'test complaining' process so bothersome liao. Dominos rock, man, in this department! They say sorry for the mistake more politely and very concerned about whether I was still going to call them for orders or not. McDonalds, maybe, too big in the head liao. In my personal opinion, Vincent Tan should spend some money working their customer service rep lah. Making a mistake is normal....I understand that but my parents always taught me that when you make a mistake, you must say sorry in the sincerest way possible. Sincere? I think McDonalds can really learn something from Dominos.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's dominos for me too!!!

-weiwei-
Anonymous said…
ya lor. mc donald's have messed up my orders umpteen times oredi. or they'll overcharge me for drinks and fries upgrade and still give me the same puny stuff. or they'll forget the straws.

tried complaining before. useless one lor. like you said, they are more interested in not getting 'conned' by their customers rather than bucking up and improving their service and attitude.

personally i prefer burger king's food, but they don't deliver :(

same take on domino's. they rock!

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe