Skip to main content

Don't Be A SH

Sometimes, it's better to keep the bloody gob shut and just bear with any of those negative emotions some friends are giving you. When you know that someone is defensive and have an aggressive personality, isn't it better to just 'endure' it? In the past, I am the kind of person with whom you won't want to eff around with, you know what I mean? I stand my ground and have my own personal opinion about things and if something wasn't right (or I felt it wasn't right) I would rattle my head off about it and the recipient may not stand a blinking chance in Hell of surviving or argue with me in that sense. But things are different now and I've become submissive. I rarely stand up for myself in the face of aggressive people unless I know that person well and know that he/she can take the shit. I mean, it's normal for people to have different feelings and ideas about things but it's another thing to step over that person all the time without considering that person's feelings just because the person doesn't defend herself very much. Today, I took a bold step and stepped up, stood up and spoke for myself and my feelings. I finally took the role of being the aggressor again....and look where it bloody brought me. Even though it may have costed me a friend, I think I did the right thing. This person thinks the world of himself/herself and the world revolves around him/her. He/she thinks that everyone's at his/her mercy and would take advantage of the people around him/her. I didn't say that this person took advantage of me but to certain people, he/she would take full advantage of asking another person to buy this, pay for that, etc. I didn't agree with that. And I don't believe that people should rely on others too much. One person must have an independent streak in them - without others, they can survive. In life, you need friends and family members but it's not to burden them or use them to the fullest. As a person, we must always have enough resources to be secure and not depend on others all the time. Independent. That's what I believe in and will continue to believe in.

We went for lunch in my car. A tiff ensued in the restaurant and I felt that I had to confront it....dunno why it's there and then, though. Look-lah, the moment I voice this out, this person threaten to open the door of the car and want to belah (go off). Fed up, I released the car lock and he/she just opened the door, said something to make himself/herself a victim and walked off. It's so common for some gender to do this because I've done this multiple times myself and I know it's a bloody threat...usually meant to bend balls...but I don't have balls in my pants and since I am pretty familiar with this open-the-door tactic, it didn't work on me. I can be damn hard-ass when I want to. Because this person has been tekan-ing (pressing and stepping on me) all this while, he/she thinks it will work on me??? I sat there contemplating if I should go down and ask him/her to come back to the car as it would be difficult to get a cab at this kind of rush hour. But instead, the strong part of me told me to go on. I shifted the gear to reverse, got the car out of the parking space, put it into drive and drove me and the kids home. I will stand my ground and that's the end of the story. I may be lembik (soft on the inside) but like my cousin keeps telling me, don't be a SOHAI.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe