Skip to main content

Amateur

Sigh…it’s true. Whenever you have people who are more skilled at something and you’re interested in joining them just to test-drive your own competence, nobody wants you in! *shaking head* Skydiving I’ve always thought it would be cool to skydive so a friend asked me, ‘If there’s one thing you want to do in the world, what would it be….you know, before you die?’. So, I said, “Skydiving” My friend went: PUA HA AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Aiyo, come on lah, be realistic a bit, can or not? I mean, something that you really actually want to do, not be scared to bits to do lah, heylow! Me: But I really want to do it. Friend: Bring a shovel, then. Me: Why lah? Friend: Use it to peel you off the floor of the plane first lah! Mahjong Never been good at it but a lot of my family members are. So, one time, they were playing three kakis, right? And then one of them want to go to the loo, wash hands, check on daughter and said, “Eh, look for (my sister)…ask her to take over my place for a while. I offered. Me: I can, I can. I sit down and play for a while for you. If I lose money, I replace. Brother (one of the players): Aiyo! Chi (sister, in Hokkien) cannot lah, you! Marsha: No, I can, I can. I know how to put the pieces together only…can. Cousin (also one of the players): Cannot lah, after you eat char-wu! (think that I win but actually I did not) Drinking Games I used to be really good at all these drinking games…don’t have to ask why lah, right? Those 5-10-15-open-close games….that’s a piece of cake for me! I can play dice too and that chi-chi-cha-bom-bom-ba malimalihoom thing too! But then, during a recent season, met up with an old friend who was partying with some of his friends…these are hard core people we’re talking about. So, I saw them playing and I kepoh wanna play. I check my dice after shaking them up, I check and check and check to make sure I got the correct numbers, right? My friends started yawning. Friend: Oy! Where got people see and count like that wan lah??! People shake one time, see one time only wan lah? Oh. Izzit? Paintball A friend is a regular paintballer (No such word, but do I care?) so, it looked kinda interesting. Actually, I’ve wanted to take up the game but then was turned off when one of my girlfriends came home with blue black marks the size of a beer mug on arm. I was thinking, where in the world do you find a paintball that large?? Is it even legal to do this? And then recently, met up with another friend who is a regular at paintball. I say I wanna try too lah….again. This time for real. I mentioned this twice…once to that friend and one more time to my cousin. And they’re response was…. Friend: Er….wait. Let me find some amateurs and I’ll organize something for you. Cousin: Aiyo! You so scared, what kind of position are they going to give you? First thing you do there is find a tree and hide….until the game also over lah.... CONCLUSION I think I’ll just stick to writing stories and punching at the keyboard. p.s. To those friends and family members who were surreptitiously mentioned in this blog post, NNNNAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! *stick tongue out* I bet I can type faster than you! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe