Skip to main content

Of Mothers....

I feel that some women should not be mothers. I feel that if a woman were to start a family, give birth to children, she should understand that putting the kids as top priority is NOT AN OPTION. I feel that although she is entitled to look and feel good, the kids are not decorative items. I feel that if you can give birth to a child, you CAN….I repeat, CAN take care of the child on your own. I feel that even if you work outside of the home, you should look at the kids’ homework, ask them what they ate for lunch and what they want to eat for dinner and if they made new friends in school. Even if the kid is below par, a mother’s job is to be concerned, address the issue, speak to the teachers and carefully help the child around his or her problem as best as you can. I feel that as a mother, you have NO OTHER CHOICE but be concerned about their health, diet, mentality and happiness (not limited thereto). I feel that if you don’t care whether your child comes home from school safe and sound, then you should not be a mother. I feel that if you don’t bring your kids back home from the nannies with you to spend some time together with them because it’s BOTHERSOME during the weekdays, then don’t have children. Many other mothers are willing to do that and yet, they cannot. APPRECIATE the fact that you have kids. I feel that moms should ENJOY their kids while they are young. I feel that moms can say ‘sorry’ too when they do something wrong. If kids are required to say ‘sorry’ when they make a mistake, mothers should do the same. I feel that mothers can throw a tantrum too….she’s human. But never go to sleep angry at your kids. I feel that there are fewer good mothers out there compared to during my time as a kid. Career is important (I should know this) but so are the kids. Accept it, deal with it and be responsible about it. If feel that some single mothers are irresponsible about their kids….leaving their kids to their maids. Maids ARE NOT MOTHERS. It is not a replacement just because you can afford a live-in maid. I feel that grandmothers are not mothers as well. They are GRANDmothers and it is not a replacement. Most of all, mothers, I feel, is a friend to their kids. Connect with them, play with them, understand them, be sad with them, laugh with them, roll around in the bed with them, get angry at them, punish them, take them to the park, get to know their friends….and you have the passport to take these memories to the grave with you. Otherwise, thank you for delivering a human being to join the human race. Your job is done, so, be gone!
*** *** ***
QUOTES ABOUT MOTHERS. Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. ~Oprah Winfrey My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love. ~Mildred B. Vermont If the whole world were put into one scale, and my mother in the other, the whole world would kick the beam. ~Lord Langdale (Henry Bickersteth) When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. ~Marion C. Garretty, quoted in A Little Spoonful of Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul Mother - that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries. ~T. DeWitt Talmage A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't. ~Barbara Kingsolver, Animal Dreams On Mother's Day I have written a poem for you. In the interest of poetic economy and truth, I have succeeded in concentrating my deepest feelings and beliefs into two perfectly crafted lines: You're my mother, I would have no other! ~Forest Houtenschil Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother. Lin Yutang All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. Abraham Lincoln My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her. George Washington It seems to me that my mother was the most splendid woman I ever knew... I have met a lot of people knocking around the world since, but I have never met a more thoroughly refined woman than my mother. If I have amounted to anything, it will be due to her. -- Charlie Chaplin The future destiny of a child is always the work of the mother. -- Napoleon Bonaparte God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers. -- Jewish Proverb

Comments

Anonymous said…
So true, I couldn't have said it better myself. Can't tahan the mothers who can't wait to send their kids out the door to their friends'/malls/Sunday school/during school holidays, just so they can have mom-time for THEMselves.

If they're so eager to have single, swinging lifestyles, why have kids in the first place? And when the kids get older, they just shower them with $ and gifts and call it love!!

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe