Skip to main content

Bare A Boob Advertisement In Malaysia A Possibility?

The word is perplexed
Being in the marketing and advertising industry, I keep my eye out for almost everything commercial. I know it's a boring job, but someone's gotta do it!! Hence, it kinda irks me to see that the government of our country is a little tight on some front while lackadaisical on others. Quite an unfair thing if you asked me. 
I mean, I have a friend who works in a large tobacco company and he sometimes laments to me that advertising and marketing is ONE HELL OF JOB when you're working in a tobacco company in Malaysia. You're not allowed to do anything....period. Nothing. No pictures, no adverts, no online marketing...nada. Zilch. Huge big NO!!
I am not condoning anything here but you see, because I know why tobacco companies are not allowed to be advertise here. Of course, I do....I'm not eight.I know it's because smoking kills painfully and slowly. Whilst that is true, I think we should apply a blanket rule over other industries as well but this is not the case. 
So, here, the cigg companies can't advertise at all. Not only that. If they want to continue selling ciggs in Malaysia, they are forced to (no compromise) scare their consumers to hell and back with absolutely repulsive pictures of rotten organs, dead babies, red, scaly skin, cancer-eaten dead body parts, etc. 
Why not force other companies to do the same? You forbid them to advertise and force them to scare their customers off? Once again, while I don't condone anything, I think is just a little unfair. 
It's like telling people that reading is good but raising the price of books and magazines!
Movies: watching moves promotes sexual crime, obesity, violence and street gang activities
The cinemas here suck as well because....well, here, we have to give an ENORMOUS thank you to the hard-working people behind our censorship board. Some Westerners come here and to waste some time, they head to the cinema only to come out and say, 'Hey, you know what? We're gonna have to check that one out again when we go back to the States. The movie was choppier than a speed boat ride. I don't know what the hell went on back in there, man!'
There you go. 
And you know what I hear in my head? The gleeful (and evil) laughter of alcohol companies.....MUA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Think....Voldemort. Again.....MUA HA HA HA HA HA HA... (echo echo echo).....
These companies have absolutely no obstacle to climb over whenever they want to promote a new concoction and they have no boundaries to toe too...imagine that! It's so smooth-sailing that they might as well have been selling a modem....or a nail clipper. They can even use suggestive taglines, headers, pictures....as such....refer below.....
...and not get into trouble. 
Alcohol: Makes one very obnoxious, promotes violence and overeaction, encourages sex with strangers, raises stats on teen (or adult pre-marital) pregnancies, halluciations, and sleep driving. 
Before I go, I would also like to say that I pity some large lingerie and undergarments companies here. I wonder how many hoops they have to hop through to get an advertisement out. Or.....imagine Victoria Secrets (I know, yum yum!) putting on a full page saucy advertisement in The Star. 
Lingerie: Promotes rape cause....well....it makes someone look sexy. What more can I say? FYI, a white t-shirt is considered sexy over here, alright? Don't say I didn't warn you! If you're raped and you were wearing a white t-shirt, dang it all to hell....it's your own bloody fault someone can see your bra strap, lady!
Glory be the day! And then...the men undergarments factory will follow along (drool drool!!!)
...................................
...................................
...................................
Oh. Where was I? Underwear, of course. Sorry, my imagination got the better of me....anyway, yeah. I wonder. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
feed a stray, bare a boob - hahahah!!!! once i was watching a french film at GSC and there was a sex scene in a dentist chair (ya, go figure) and the censorship guys forgot to snip it off, so the guy operating the projector used a piece of cardboard and held it over the couple the entire time they were doing it. we could hear EVERY SINGLE THING but could only see a big shadowy black square. omg. it was so stupid i couldn't believe it

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe