Skip to main content

You're Suspended

Despite all the mean things that I am capable of writing, I consider myself (most of the time) one of those who prefer not to swear. Not because I am holier than thou but because I've become this way because of the kids. When they were younger (and not exposed to these words), I resorted to writing them down in my journal and then subsequently thought it is fine to write it. They can't read it, anyway. :-) Never once did it cross my mind that they will attend school and discover the wonderful world of the Internet. So, I've become accustomed to being well-mannered. I try to...most of the time. But swearing at someone is not the rudest way to dismiss someone. It's worse when you imply that the person is not worth arguing with. One example would be the Cow-Head discussion incident whereby some individuals were not permitted to speak while certain quarters maintained their rights to scream into the microphone at every opportunity, behave rudely to appointed leaders. Now, THAT is RUDE!! The rudest way to tell someone they don't deserve your time also includes.... ....slamming the phone down on the other person. I don't do this because I think everyone has a right to speak. Slamming the phone down on the other person and not answering their calls later on can be done between couples but when done between normal mere folks, I think it's rude. Most of the people who slam the phone down on me will get it from me. So Blardie rude, you know! Slam! I've done this with boyfriends before, of course, I ain't no saint but it's a thing couples do, right? I threatened to leap out of the moving car before so.... :-) Yeah, but it's the inherent right of a girlfriend or wife to be rude. No? What? If I don't practice this right now, when? When I am six months pregnant and you're driving? I think frank discussions should always be the first option, amongst friends, colleagues, subordinates, opposing parties, etc. All of us are individuals and we have the right to have opinions based on our own experiences, right? And if someone else denies you the opportunity, it's telling you that you're not worth two farts to them. Like one party telling the other party, 'YOU! SIT DOWN! SHUT UP!' If you want to perform a stunt from the insides of a moving car or slam the phone down on someone, please....here's a tip. Please issue a professionally executed, serious warning. 'I. Am. Serious. I. Am. Putting. The. Phone. Down.' or 'Stop. The. Car. I. Am. Getting. Out.' Then let the other person or party know that you are not in the right frame of mind to speak, hope they'll understand that it'll be better tomorrow or next week, next election, next meeting, next year....whatever. It's the mature way to suspend the conversation or discussion pending future....arguments. I. Am. Serious. I. Am. Ending. This. Blog. Post. Now. I. Am. Not. In. The. Position. To. Write. Decently. Now. Come. Back. Tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe