Skip to main content

PACABA Role During Malaysia's Largest General Elections Ever

So, GE13 is closing in on Malaysians. For non-Malaysians, this General Elections is a huge one and we are all quite excited about the possibilities that it might bring. However, on the other hand, we are also frightened about what might follow thereafter....whether the ruling coalition or the opposition wins.

Judging from the response, many are all hyped up about the possibility of a new government. We have been governed by the same government for over fifty years, isn't it time for a change? Even if it is only for a term of five years?

Anyway, I am big sissy and not much of a fighter or aggressor but like I said time and time again, I think we need to take smalls courageous steps in the right direction if we want to see ANY change at all. Malaysia, sadly, remains to be one of the most oppressed countries in the world.

I love peace and it would be with much regret if anything untoward happened after the elections but I think I need to do my part to help ensure that the possibility of a tainted election is brought down to bare minimum. Am I not afraid? What are you kidding me I am not? Of course I freaking am! The number of what ifs that runs through my head, the number of times I tried to convince myself not to do anything, the sheer number of times I found myself questioning 'why me because there are many others out there already let them do it'.

But every time those questions popped up, the answer was 'why not?' I am a Malaysian and if I love Malaysia and want to see a fair electoral process, I HAVE to do my part. Yes, our part for this possible game-changing election is for all of us, as MANY of us who have given up on Malaysia, to cast our maiden vote but is that all I can do?

Nope.

So, I decided to register myself as a PACABA which stands for Polling Agents, Counting Agents and Barung Agents. These people's role is to watch the process to ensure that cheating is as close to impossible as possible.

Heck, something is wrong with the sentence above but who cares?

Counting Agents' role is....of course, to count the votes and if I am not mistaken, a Barung Agent is there to raise suspicion if any, before voters enter the voting booth. Polling Agents' role is to watch the clerks and help make voting as seamless and clean as possible for the party that I am doing it for or the party I am under. I am not a member of ANY political party, by the way. I was trained by one of them and therefore, will act for their benefit.


So, I got my Polling Agent guideline and sitting here thinking that I am going to freak out if something bad happened.

But is that enough to stop me from doing what I think I can contribute to the country? I don't think so. Geez, THAT sounds braver than what I am feeling.

I think after doing my part for the elections on Sunday, what I am going to do is to come home, pop a sleeping pill and then sleep till the next day so that I don't get all stressed out with the news. You know, with the internet and everything, hype can get very pretty shitty big.

See? I am hardly the Ironman kind of person.

Anyway, I may not be an Ironman nor am I a quick-witted, charming politician, but I am a mother of two kids who, if plans to migrate fail (HAHAHAHA - half-kidding, this joke), might have to inherit Malaysia from us. So yeah. Just going to have to do it the Nike way - Just (freaking) do it (and get it over with).

Love,
Marsha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe