Skip to main content

Woe is the World

While I agree that despite efforts to curb global warming on a global level, such as the one shunned and rejected by Donald Trump, has done little to medium-sized changes, has much to want for, it's efforts, no matter how small, should NOT be abandoned.
President Trump said that he will pull the U.S. out of the Paris climate agreement, steering away from a group of 194 other countries that have promised to curb planet-warming greenhouse gas emissions. The news came just days after he attended the G7 Summit in Italy, where the six other member countries—Germany, Italy, Canada, France, Japan, and the United Kingdom—reaffirmed their commitment to the 2015 climate pact. - National Geographic
America is pulling out as a COUNTRY from world-efforts to reduce carbon emission, to save the planet, reduce human footprint and to protect the environment. To me, this is akin to abandoning your home. After all, Planet Earth IS our home. I honestly do not see where he's coming from although I have been unfairly judged for being a stubborn fence-sitter and always too-willing to see the other side of things.

Everywhere in the world, people are balking whenever nature is dealt with improperly, including this woman for kicking limestone stalagmites. Such reactions are warranted because human population has reduced Mother Earth to only a fraction of what it used to be...and everything should be done to reduce any damage, if not to reduce, and if possible, reverse, evidences of our destruction.

The funny thing is that while global change is hard, it should not be abandoned. Because global leadership is needed, global concensus is what ensures that we walk the same path the world over. To make small changes everywhere, for everyone. For instances, WSJ outlined changes that fishermen and farmers can make to do their part for the effort - and THAT's a big thing in a small way. We start with you, we start with me, we start with we and we start with us.
He is a man free of morals. As has been demonstrated hundreds of times, he is a liar, a racist and a cheat. I feel ashamed to use these words, as sharp and loud as they are. But if they apply to anyone, they apply to Trump. And one of the media's tasks is to continue telling things as they are: Trump has to be removed from the White House. Quickly. He is a danger to the world. - Spiegel Online
I am in no position to decide or opine on whether Trump should be removed from office but I do share the opinion that based on some of his decisions, he COULD be a danger to the world. I refrain from saying anything about his travel ban as I live in a Muslim-majority country and have faced racism with my very existence in this country alone but to shun Mother Earth as a whole (as in shunning Muslims as a whole) is a broad brush tactic that should be used only very sparingly.

Selangor and Penang (two States in Malaysia) has been doing everything within their power to do their part in enforcing and forcing residents to reduce the use of plastic, recycle, plant trees, go paper-less, etc.
Selangor state exco member for Tourism, Environment, Green Technology and Consumer Affairs, Elizabeth Wong hit the nail on the head when she said that traders can be fined and their licences revoked, if they remain defiant on the ‘no free plastic bags’ bylaw. - MalaysiaKini
...and for years and years and years, we've been fighting air pollution as a result of peat forest fires all around Malaysia and Indonesia (we're approaching that time of the year again too).

We could all do our part by doing simple things, like using fewer plastics, paper, throw away less food, segregating our rubbish, bringing along our own bags for shopping, reduce the use of plastic bottles, refuse polystyrene packaging, planting our own food...the list can go on. But at the end of the day, we need a leader to move the world along.

I hope that if America refuses the role of the Leader in the Environmental Movement, at the very least, the individual States (as they have positively mentioned before, that they will NOT abandon their environmental efforts, against the will of the Federal decision) and will forge on with their own little efforts. Like New York turning Green in their own support for the Paris Climate Deal.

Here's an infographic that I've saved on my tab for future reference. 'Future reference' because I've yet to get my hands on those illusive white and blue garbage bags. Where art thou, you damn things? LOL


If I am not mistaken, the above is applicable for those who live in Selangor, Malaysia. Check with your local authorities for proper waste disposal and segregation.

For those who are not able to view the above image:-

  • Green - Glass, electric waste, fabric, aluminium, hazardous waste
  • Blue - Paper and cardboard
  • White - Plastic
  • Black - Food waste, disposable diapers and others

Have a grand Monday ahead, people,
Love,
Marsha

Credit:

  1. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/03/how-trump-is-changing-science-environment/
  2. NST (Malaysian Newspaper Publication)
  3. Wall Street Journal
  4. http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/donald-trump-is-a-menace-to-the-world-opinion-a-1148471.html
  5. http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/381960
  6. Star 2
  7. The Guardian





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe