Skip to main content

Update : Road Run-Ins

I am and have always been a very careful driver. Apart from the occasional internal road rage that rarely makes it past the insides of the car that I am driving or riding in, I am a pretty good, careful driver who looks left, looks right, use my signals, parks properly and on the occasions that I have to double-park, I print out (using my PRINTER IN BOLD) my phone number and name (in case, this person wants to curse me and post it on Facebook, please go ahead) and display my contact so that the said offended person can call and give me a few toss of good words.

But that's why I don't understand why within these two months, I've had two run-ins. Early last month, this distraught and obviously-hassled mom of two boys put a scratch on the left side of my passenger door (I suspect she turned out in a hurry because she was afraid that I was going to snatch her much-awaited parking spot). She was so distraught that she argued that 'I am a single mother, I don't have a husband, do you?'. Er....coincidentally, I don't have one either but she was so hassled that she was unwinding my Zen. I like my Zen intact on the weekends. And besides, since when did marital status had anything to do with driving into another car?

Anyhow, there was no resolution unless we drove to the police station, so, I backed off and told her to just eff it all. It was almost 3pm, her kids were hungry (they were already waiting to order their 'lunch' in the restaurant, waiting for their mom), my kids were hungry and we're both probably so late sending our kids out for lunch for pretty much the same reason, one way or the other.

Then this morning, as I was turning into a one way street, slowly as there was a blind spot because one stupid van/truck was blocking the view (parked haphazardly, welcome to Malaysia), a bike coming from the opposite direction came dashing out of nowhere and crashed into the front my car, shattering my number plate into smitterins and he fell off the bike.

He's the typical daredevil Malaysian rempit kind, driving against traffic, bloodshot eyes, swinging his take-away morning teh tarik on the bike handle and not wearing a helmet. As I saw him tumbling off the bike, all I could think of was please don't die. To get into trouble with the law because of these shitholes was the last thing I deserved. I only rush yellow lights on special occasions. If they wanted to live such dangerous lives, let them die on their own accord without causing harm or trouble to others, I've always argued. Please let it not be me. 

God or The Gods or The Universe listened, of course, and he didn't die. In fact, as others came to the scene, they started to tell him that he was driving against traffic on a one-way-street (I did too but he was too indignant to listen to me). While a man told me that I had to get him to pay me for damages to the car, I shook my head. Since he didn't die, I'll just go light an extra joss stick. #lol

Besides, I have to rush home to complete some chores, throw some random chicken and spice and some things into the cooker for dinner and maybe (now that I am so damn tired) I might even nap this sheetz off. And THEN go replace the shattered number plate. And people wonder why moms are so tired. People wonder why moms who have all the time in the world don't make an effort to slap on some foundation and make-up. And people wonder why some moms don't have time to party with their friends. People also accused me to hiding under the rock after having kids. PPtthhppphh....that's why some moms have very few fucks left to give (moms, read it. You might even giggle). We've reached a level of DGAF that very few people can achieve. #lol


Sometimes, you might be the most careful driver in the world, shit still happens.

Toodles,
Marsha
p.s. Regarding the above picture, no, I don't need a babysitter, thanks. hahaha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe