Skip to main content

Kdrama : Marriage Contract

I dont really like UEE but I saw a preview and I thought that would be kind of interesting. It is a little different from the conventional 'I will marry you in exchange for something'...in that it's a little more grave, the subject matter. This was me at around episode 1....
Let's see how it goes. It feels like a series that I've seen and abandoned prior. Not sure.


You know in almost every single drama - matters not whether it's Hollywood, Hong Kong, Korean or Chinese - there's this unexplainable, unreasonable character that seems to have been plucked out to drama-hell and placed into the story line just to give you angst? Yeah, this comes in the form of the male lead's father.
What's the f is wrong with you? Why are you angry all the time and not listening to anybody just die! #lol
This particular actor must be really tired (and I mean it in the I-love-acting-but-can-someone-give-me-a-Batman-role kind of way) and often misunderstood for playing old fools who keeps trying to mess up everyone's lives. At some points, it felt like some scenes were written in just for the sake of creating some sort of friction just to egg us on, no matter how senseless and illogical they are. I wish writers would stop being lazy and treating us like 3-year-olds watching Power Puff Girls fighting Mojo Jojo.

I don't have a good impression of UEE because I was watching High Society and she and the lead actor had as much chemistry as two sacks of rocks. High Society is a series that people watched for the Second Lead, Park Hyung Shik and Lim Ji Yeon. Don't believe me, read ANY review of it. Hence, watching this with her as the lead, I was ready for it. Ready to quit at episode 2.

With Marriage Contract, the age gap between UEE and Lee Seo Jin is a whoppin' 17 years! Let's just say I'll pretend they're not in a father-daughter relationship. #lol

However, it has to be said, they surprised me. Although UEE's crying irked me a little and the lead actor acted like a buffoon (typical, what else is new) at times, the chemistry started closing in when Lee Seo Jin became besotted with UEE.
At this point, UEE is just crying loads, don't know why. But when she cries, I cryyyyy toooo.... XD I hate this feeling. hahahaha...Ayoyo.... Cries a river and an ocean!
In part, they had an in-between - UEE's on-screen daughter. The little girl is such a cutie pie! The moment she started liking Lee Seo Jin, everything fell into place for the viewers as well. It was like he lifted a magic veil when he stopped being the arrogant ahjussi to the little girl and when she starts hopping around like a little girl around him. There's really no faster way to a woman's heart than a kind man who accommodates a little girls' every whim and fancy.

Watch if you don't mind crying yourself into a puddle of tears. At least the ending is quite obvious, the writers didn't try to humor us or hide the fact that death is knocking on the door.

A good reminder that sometimes, things happen for a reason, no reason, life is fucking fleeting and some people appear in your life so that you won't give up on living. #sniff #sniff #sniff

As annoying as it started out to be, there is a life lesson to learn from this series.

Love,
Marsha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe