Skip to main content

Kdrama : One More Happy Ending (2016)

I started watching this because I was tired and disappointed with The King Loves. What the hell kinda show was that? Misleading title, sad king, unrequited love, stupid best-friend and undecided leading woman stringing two men together. It appears to me that the writers wrote out the story just to cause angst amongst its viewers for the sake of drama. I mistakenly assumed Im Si Wan chose a good script as his last before enlisting in the army.

What...the hell.... XD

I gave up on it...no, I actually half-watched it because...you know, wasted hours and everything. I predicted the ending and yeah...blergh....mucked around to the final episode and watched it out of the corner of my eyes while doing laundry. Whatever. That was when I closed the tab and thought, 'I need a little bit of screwball comedy'.

One More Happy Ending, was supposed to be more relatable to people like me...and funnier.
One More Happy Ending
Credit : Google Search
The story started off with background work on an 80's Kpop girl group which was, perhaps, a one-hit-wonder. The drama fast-forwards to current day after the band is a long-forgotten fairy tale. 

All of the girls remained good friends except for one (who came in as a bit of a cameo at the start of the show) and they are now a group of close friends consisting of a divorced woman looking for love, a married woman in a rocky relationship with her husband, an unmarried woman DESPERATELY trying to be loved and an unmarried woman who is not at all keen to be in love AT ALL. It covered the base. #lol Except if you're #soblessed and #happilymarried with #wonderfulchildren who never cries. But of course. 


One More Happy Ending is basically a good show for people (read : mostly women) in their mid-thirties and forties, married or unmarried because, chances are, you would have experience one or more of the following:-
  1. Been cheated on (married or dating, either way)
  2. Made a fool in public at least once in your lifetime
  3. Felt invincible because you thought you were beautiful
  4. Broke up with someone
  5. Desperately wanted to find a man who fit your dream picture
  6. Fell in love with someone who didn't think you would fall in love with
  7. Had doubts about getting married
  8. Had your relationship/marriage hit the rocks for no apparent reason
  9. Been ill, seriously or otherwise
  10. Had kids and dealt with their insecurities because of YOUR life situations
  11. Felt afraid to fall in love again
  12. Dove head-first, leg-first, nose-first, whichever it was it doesn't matter, into a relationship
  13. Fell in love with someone completely off-your-radar, hot and unexpectedly young (Cougar alert, your friends will tell you)
  14. Gotten drunk, done something stupid and wish that there was a rewind and redo button on life setting
  15. Had a friend or friends who rooted for you at your worst and stuck with you because of a situation
  16. Had a step son/daughter to impress or deal with
  17. Gone on blind dates, or speed-dating, that sucked so bad that you just drank your way through it because you paid for it
  18. Gave someone you broke up with a second chance
  19. Have dealt with an a##h##e or b##c#
  20. Left school hating a person, only to bump into him/her later in life and to date, casually or seriously
If you've experienced any of the above 20 situations, you'll find someone to root for in this show. It's a light-hearted series except for a brief, but necessary appearances of people and situations that were written in to irk the viewers. Not irked. Expected it. That's what dramas do, after all.

The second male lead was supposed to be this oh-so-irresistible heaven-sent male that seems to get every women's heart aflutter... lololololololOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLololololollololol

He was absolutely resistible to me, so I was rolling my eyes so badly.

Underneath all the positivity that we try to project in love or otherwise has another side, a vulnerable side that we try to protect. At the end of the day, when a new relationship tries to dock in our harbor, the vulnerabilities surface and so will our natural defenses. This is what the main story is about - a new beginning that seems awfully too good to be true.

I like Yoo In Na so, why was her role so darn small and secondary? And her hair! OMG... #lol I guess she chose the role because it helped her break out of her 'damsel in distress' or 'pretty boss lady' mould.

Overall, a rather enjoyable show to watch to de-stress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe